Mandy is a blog writer for The Huffington Post U.S.A., and The Tasmanian Times in Australia. Her writing style is mostly satirical non-fiction narrative but she has a passion for writing humorous plays and skits.
About My Writing
I treat writing the same way I approach any other art form- by researching my subject, looking at the tones, balance, and composition. How do these qualities influence the topic at hand? What is it about the subject matter that will make a reader interested in what I have to say?
Being a freelance writer allows me the opportunity to work in the many creative areas that interest me. It’s wonderful to be able to write about subjects that I find thought provoking. I enjoy the freedom of working anywhere, anytime.
My strengths are in narrative non-fiction, fictional stories, and writing humorous plays and skits. I’m a blogger, playwright, essayist, and creative conceptualist.
Subjects that interest me include: education, ordinary and not-so-ordinary daily events, family, pets, travel, and sobriety.
Huffington Post Articles
- New Victim, Same Tragedy: The Plight of the American Mustang - September 18, 2014
- Mr. King, You're a Real Gem - September 11, 2014
- Mediocrity: The New Normal - August 16, 2014
- Life After Gluten and Swedish Fish - May 15, 2014
- A Quick Whine Before Moving On - February 27, 2014
Mandy’s new fiction novel, A Secret Muse